Quick Temper 430 is a eutectic mixture of nitrate salts formulated for a specific range of operating temperatures. It is basically used as a molten heat transfer salt bath.
Quick Temper 430 has a very sharp melting point and is very fluid at the operating temperatures. The average pH of Quick Temper 430 as a new molten bath would be approximately 6.9. Because of the initial low pH range and because the pH range can be controlled, if required, by small additions of potassium dichromate, Quick Temper 430 is an ideal salt bath for the heat treating of aluminum and aluminum alloys. For this particular application, Quick Temper 430 can be furnished with a small percentage of potassium dichromate incorporated into the salt mixture.
Quick Temper 430 has the following advantages in its use as a molten salt bath:
1. Quick Temper is chemically stable over its wide operating range of temperatures.
2. It is only necessary to replace that which is lost through dragout.
3. Quick Temper 430 operates at a wide range of temperatures -- 500 to 1200°F.
4. The salt bath, when heated, maintains its viscosity over its temperature range with very little change.
5. All chemicals used in Quick Temper 430 are water soluble and do not form any insoluble ones. Therefore, the solidified salt is easily removed from the work in hot water.
6. Chemicals incorporated into the formulation are technical grade to insure a high purity, high grade, trouble-free mixture.
Melting Point: 430°F.
Weight: 113 pounds/cu.ft.
Operating Range: 500 to 1200°F.
|Product Category||Heat Treatment Salts|
|Product Number||Quick Temper 430|
|Product Name||Heat Treatment Salts|