BC Technologies is proud to announce the addition of waterjet cutting to our already expansive list of converting capabilities. Not only does the addition of waterjet cutting services enable us to offer our customers a broader range of converting solutions for high volume production, but it also arms us with yet another method to create quick turn prototypes, building on our digital cutting capabilities that include laser cutting, flashcutting, multi-cam CNC router, and an Eastman static table cutting system.
Here are a few reasons to consider waterjet cutting and a brief overview of JBC’s new equipment:
Waterjet Cutting Advantages
JBC Waterjet Technical Specifications
- No tooling required — Perhaps the biggest advantage of waterjet cutting is that you can cut complex parts without the need for tooling. CAD software is used to determine the cut path, speed, and depth.
- Pinpoint accuracy — A high level of accuracy can be achieved with waterjet cutting. Tolerances of +/- 0.010” positional and +/- 0.005” repeatability can be achieved.
- Cut a wide variety of materials — Waterjet cutting machines have the ability to cut very dense, stiff, and thick materials that traditional die cutting cannot handle. Materials cut with a waterjet include rubber, plastic, foam, thin gauge metal, fabricated wood, and more.
- No heat affected zone — Cold cutting with a waterjet does not change the properties of the material eliminating distortion. This also makes it the perfect solution for cutting heat sensitive materials.
- Environmentally friendly — No hazardous waste is produced during waterjet cutting. Only pure water is used which is recycled via a closed loop system. In addition, material waste is reduced by closely nesting parts and minimizing kerf.
- Water only J series single head water jet with Acculine cutting head
- 10’ x 6’ x 10” cutting table (10 feed outfeed table and 6’ infeed table)
- Handles sheets or rolls
- Driven by stainless steel belt system that drives all three tables
- Maximum cutting envelope 120” x 72”
- Tolerances: +/- 0.010” positional +/- 0.005” repeatability