High Performance Modular Sensors to Solve the Toughest Sensing Problems
The Cutler-Hammer 70 Series by Eaton's electrical business offers a wide choice of sensor heads, control units, output devices, logic modules, and accessories to solve virtually any problem.
Sensor Heads are connected by cables to the control unit, and can be mounted up to 1000 ft. away. They are available in thru-beam, reflex, diffuse reflective, fiber optic, Curtain-of-Light and slot-style optical modes.
Self-Contained Control Units are available in 4 circuitry types and work with all sensor heads unless noted. Output devices (required for all but Analog) and optional logic modules are contained in a sealed enclosure.
- Standard: General purpose control.
- High Power: 3 times the power of the standard control unit in normal gain mode and 27 times in high gain mode. Gain modes are switch selectable.
- Differential: Compares the signal from 2 separate sensor heads via direct analog signal subtraction. The output is activated when sensor "A" receives more signal than "B." Cannot be used with the 1471A-6501 Curtain-of-Light sensor head.
- Analog: Provides a voltage level output proportional to the amount of light received. Most commonly used with the 1471A-6501 Curtain-of-Light sensor head.
- Modular design allows you to customize a sensor to solve any application problem
- Control units feature a variety of capabilities and housings
- Logic modules provide added functions including time delays, one-shot outputs and stopped motion detection
- A variety of output devices available for switching AC or DC loads from a few milliamps to 10 Amps
- Unique Curtain-of-Light Sensor Head is ideal for web loop control (when used with the analog control unit) and detection of small parts (when used with 8171B control unit and low contrast module)
- Slot Sensor Head combined with the DIN Rail Mount Control Unit is an easy solution for web guiding or centering applications
- Standard: General Purpose Control Unit
- Enhanced: Time-delay and one shot functions available
- Standard: General purpose control unit
- Enhanced: Time-delay and oneshot functions available
Modular Control Units are compact, plug-replaceable units designed for dry locations or mounting within a separate enclosure. An LED indicator provides alignment and beam status. Optional output devices and logic modules are available as separate modular units.
The DIN Rail Mount Control Unit is an analog control unit that provides a voltage output signal which varies proportional to target movement, position or translucence. It is ideal for use with the 1372A-6501 slot sensor head for web guiding or centering.