Backtwist Twinning adds the capability of neutralizing the effect of concentricity between the conductor and its insulation, results in the averaging of mutual capacitance, capacitance unbalance (NEXT loss) and impedance.
- Individual inside-out backtwist double twist twinner
- Suitable for solid HDPE, FEP, FRPE, Foam HDPE, FEP insulations
- Adjustable variable backtwist
- Precise wire tension adjustment
- Aerofoil shaped bow with low tension/speed profile
- Dual wheel capstan and Take up
- Max. design speed: 2250 RPM (4500 Twist/min)
- Copper diameter range: 0.40 – 0.65 mm (AWG # 26-22)
- Variable backtwist: 0-30%
- Lay range: 6.35 – 50 mm (0.25- 2 inches)
- Take up reel size: 500/560 mm (20/22”)
Machine parameters are digitally monitored and controlled via a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and a menu driven touch screen so that at each stage the operator is guided to obtain the desired machine operation.