The RAMT (Re-configurable Aircraft Mission Trainer) is the name given to an integrated flight control system incorporating Wittenstein standard aircraft control loading devices, allowing the user to combine a number of devices including any combination of sidestick, centerstick, linear throttle, rotary throttle and rudder pedals to form a system to meet their requirements.
Each system also requires the Wittenstein System Control Module (SCM), the Aktiv8 application software, System Power Supply (SPS) and appropriate cabling. The Wittenstein Aktiv Toolkit can also be added to the system to provide system set-up and diagnostic capabilities.
The grips for the devices can be provided by Wittenstein or supplied by the customer.
The Wittenstein RAMT control loading devices use integrated motor gearbox actuators with intelligent control electronics. These actuators communicate over a CAN bus with the SCM, which provides system control functions and an interface to the host computer via an Ethernet connection.
Each of the devices has a standard set of configuration files that are stored on the SCM and determine the characteristics of the device. The Wittenstein Aktiv Toolkit can be used to create additional configuration files to suit particular requirements.
- Individual control loading devices for the sidestick, centerstick, linear throttle, rotary throttle and rudder pedals
- CAN bus communications between the SCM and the intelligent actuator control electronics modules
- Options for single or twin seat cockpits
- Ethernet communications (TCP/IP or UDP) with the host
- The Aktiv Toolkit provides an optional graphical user interface that facilitates a set-up, monitoring and analysis
- An SPS that provides all system power with an emergency stop option and RS232 communications to the SCM as standard
The devices can be configured to various aircraft types such as