The RHMT (Re-configurable Helicopter Mission Trainer) is the name given to an integrated flight control system incorporating Wittenstein standard control loading devices, allowing the user to combine a number of devices including any combination of cyclic centerstick, collective lever and directional pedals to form a system to meet their requirements.
Each system also includes the Wittenstein System Control Module (SCM), Aktiv8®application software, System Power Supply (SPS) and appropriate cabling. The WITTENSTEIN Aktiv Toolkit can also be added to the system and connects over an Ethernet connection.
These devices are generic and reconfigurable. This is achieved by always having the pitch and roll pivot points in the same plane using our patented gimbal bracket. The sticks and grips are also easily changed to represent a different aircraft type. Any number of aircraft characteristics can be stored on the SCM allowing for rapid host controlled reconfiguration.
Each of the devices has a standard set of configuration files that are stored on the SCM and determine the characteristics of the device. The WITTENSTEIN Aktiv Toolkit can be used to create additional configuration files to suit particular requirements. This can be accomplished by the user or WITTENSTEIN can provide a service to set a system up to meet defined feel and performance goals.
For linkage systems, visit the Rotary Control Loaders pages.
Drop-in devices include:
Collective Lever, Cyclic Assembly, Directional
- Individual control loading devices for the cyclic centerstick, collective lever and directional pedals
- CAN bus communications between the SCM and the intelligent actuator control electronics modules
- Options for single or twin seat cockpits with electric linking of axes
- Ethernet communications (TCP/IP or UDP) with the hostAn optional Windows graphical user interface (GUI) set-up and diagnostics program, the Aktiv Toolkit
- An SPS that provides all system power with an emergency stop option and RS232 communications to the SCM as standard