At Fluorocarbon we have acquired a worldwide reputation for the design and manufacture of bonded PTFE/metallic Fluoroglide® skidway plates based on the proven PTFE slide bearing technology.
Fluoroglide® skidway plates are used in many construction yards throughout the world to assist in skidding oil jackets, modules and heavy structures. Jackets and Decks with weights up to 30,000 tonnes have been successfully loaded out on Fluoroglide® skidway plates.
- We offer a range of skidway plates to suit all customer requirements.
- Full experienced technical consultants available for onsite discussions.
- A typical Fluoroglide® skidway plate comprises of 2.5mm Fluorinoid® PTFE hot bonded to a 3mm carbon steel plate with a 25mm welding lip, for onsite tack welding without damage to the PTFE.
- All exposed metallic surfaces are primed to protect against corrosion.
The Fluoroglide® range of skidways are based on the well proven and tested Slide Bearing manufacturing procedures which ensure low coefficient of friction and reliability in varying environments throughout the world.
Typical friction values are 5-10% for static breakout and 1-5% for dynamic skidding. These values are dependent upon:
FLUOROSLIP® FL414 LUBRICATION SYSTEM
- Surface finish of the timber skid shoe
- Flatness of the installed skidway plates
- Use of Fluoroslip®
To reduce breakout friction we recommend the use of Fluoroslip® FL414 to aid effectiveness of our slide bearing and skidways. This combination of materials will reduce the initial static friction caused by:
FL614 MEMBRANE SYSTEM
- Long construction time
- Absorbent timber skid shoe
- Uneven loading
- Construction yard debris
FL614 is a PTFE membrane positioned between Fluoroglide® skidway plates and timber skid shoe.
It is generally specified for use when skidding heavy structures which have long construction time.
The advantages are the prevention of the FL414 being absorbed by the Green Heart Timbers, the membrane is forced into the grain structure of the Green Heart Timbers which results in PTFE sliding against the lubricated (FL414) skidway plates.