The Eaton tank breather filters "breathe" air in and out as the oil level rises and falls. The filters prevent the penetration of contamination from the ambient air in the hydraulic fluid. This circulating air contains articles and moisture that can cause corrosion, increase equipment wear, and reduce fluid performance. In typical systems, the internal hydraulic fluid is warmer than the external environment. This difference in temperatures causes water vapor to form. Breathers protect your hydraulic system by filtering out damaging moisture and particles.
Desiccant air breathers prevent water and other contaminants from entering fluid reservoirs where differential pressures can occur through thermal expansion and contraction of the fluid, or during filling or emptying procedures. Breathers utilize the entire filter area and have the ability to extract water vapor out of the air as soon as it enters the unit. Accompanying solid particles are removed by a 3 um absolute glass filter, allowing only clean, dry air to enter the system.
- Refillable with drying agent
- Available with adapter and clogging indicator
- Replacement spin-on air filter available separately
- Seal and plastic plug prevent moisture entering before installation
- Hydraulic systems
- Bearing lubrication systems
- Mobile earthmoving equipment
- Robotic hydraulic systems
- Mobile tank systems
- Diesel fuel storage tanks
- Transformers with oil cooling systems
- Vacuum and welding chambers
- Agricultural equipment