NDE Workbook - Magnetic Particle Testing Workbook
This workbook is intended for individuals with little or no prior experience with magnetic particle examination, and is also suitable for experienced examiners with a desire to increase their knowledge and/or upgrade skills in this highly important method of non-destructive examination.
The workbook discusses the major variables of magnetic particle examination and provides a solid foundation in the principles of this non-destructive testing method. Sample procedures are also provided.
- Introduction to Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Principles of Magnets and Magnetic Fields
- Characteristics of Magnetic Fields
- Electrical Current
- Types of Particles and Application Methods
- Magnetization Methods
- Magnetic Field Distribution
- Calculating Current Values
- Testing Equiptment
- Steps in Performing Magnetic Particle Examination
- Classification, Interpretation and Evaluation of Indications
- Recording Results