NDE Workbook - Visual Examination:
This workbook introduces students to the basic principles of visual examination. Various discontinuities generated by materials processing are also addressed. It discusses various optical and mechanical aids used to perform visual inspections and provides a brief overview of the other primary methods of non-destructive testing.
The workbook provides a solid grounding in the principles of non-destructive examination and helps students develop the skills needed to perform this most widely used non-destructive testing method.
- Introduction to Visual Inspection
- The Steel Making Process
- Primary Processing - Metal Forming
- Secondary Processing
- Service Discontinuities
- The Joining Process
- Dimensional Aids to Visual Inspection
- Optical Aids to Visual Inspection
- Major Non-Destructive Testing Methods