NDE Workbook - Complete Ultrasonic Testing Workbook:
This workbook introduces students to the basic principles of ultrasonic inspection. It provides an explanation of the major variables of ultrasonic examination and introduces the different types of equiptment used to perform inspections by ultrasound.
With this knowledge, students are equipped to envision novel applications of ultrasonic examination principles.
- Introduction to Ultrasonic Testing
- Basic Principles of Sound Generation
- Sound Reflection and Transmission
- Ultrasonic Waves and Vibration Modes
- Ultrasonic Equiptment
- Generation of Ultrasound
- Ultrasonic Beam Characteristics
- Time/Distance Relationships
- Instrument Calibration/Compression
- Shear Wave Theory
- Angle Beam Calibration