NDE Workbook - Complete Liquid Penetrant Workbook
This workbook is intended for individuals with little or no prior experience with liquid penetrant inspection, and is also suitable for experienced examiners with a desire to increase their knowledge and/or upgrade skills in this highly important method of non-destructive examination.
The workbook discusses the major variables of liquid penetrant examination and provides a solid foundation in the principles of this non-destructive testing method. Sample procedures are also provided.
- Introduction to Liquid Penetrant Examination
- Capillary Action
- Six Basic Steps of Liquid Penetrant Tests
- Material Preparation (Pre-cleaning)
- Essential Qualities of Good Penetrants
- Types of Penetrant
- Penetrant Application and Equiptment
- Sensitivity, Seeability and Contrast Ratio
- Removal of Excess Penetrant
- Application of Developer
- Inspection - Interpretation and Evaluation
- Quality Control of Penetrant Materials and Equiptment
- Classification of Penetrant Materials by Codes and Specifications