About the BPVC
Since its first issuance in 1914, ASME’s Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC) has pioneered modern standards-development, maintaining a commitment to enhance public safety and technological advancement to meet the needs of a changing world. More than 100,000 copies of the BPVC are in use in 100 countries around the world.
Product Scope / Abstract
This Subsection contains requirements for the material, design, fabrication, and examination required in the manufacture and installation of core support structures. Core support structures are those structures or parts of structures which are designed to provide direct support or restraint of the core (fuel & blanket assemblies) within the reactor pressure vessel.
Careful application of this Section will help users to comply with applicable regulations within their jurisdictions, while achieving the operational, cost and safety benefits to be gained from the many industry best-practices detailed within these volumes.
Key changes to this 2013 Edition include:
- Revisions to include requirements for control of electronic Quality Assurance Manuals and documents.
- New requirements for auditing and renewal of Owner’s Certificates.
- New requirements for Owner’s Quality Assurance Program
- Revisions to Mandatory Appendix II, Article II-1000 "Experimental Stress Analysis"
- Updated standards and specifications referenced in Table NCA-7100.
- Updates to Material Specifications and Grades Permitted for Class MC Construction
- New paragraph in Subsection NH for special considerations for Class 1 components in elevated temperature service.
All changes to this 2013 Edition are incorporated into the appropriate page and each affected area is identified with a designator. Each Section includes a Summary of Changes that lists the material affected by the change, plus the nature of the change. There will no longer be Addenda service for this 2013 Edition or for future Editions.
Intended for manufacturers, users, constructors, designers and others concerned with the design, fabrication, assembly, erection, examination, inspection and testing of pressure vessels, plus all potential governing entities
For the convenience of those applying for and/or maintaining their ASME Product Certification Marks, ASME gathers its required codes and standards into the following “BPVC product certification packages”:
Click here for a printer-friendly version of a Brochure, which details all 12 BPVC-2019 Sections, plus ASME’s portfolio of related BPVC offerings.
Click here for a printer-friendly, Invoice-Request Form for pre-ordering.
You may also contact ASME’s CustomerCare (+1.800.THE.ASME/843.2763, email@example.com) for personalized assistance.