GL's enhanced PacketCheck™ is a comprehensive PC based Ethernet / IP test tool with BERT and Throughput testing abilities. It is very easy to use as a general purpose network performance analysis tool for 10Mbps, 100Mbps and 1Gbps LANs and WANs. Throughput up to 800 Mbps can be easily tested.
The application truly takes confusion out of Ethernet testing at all protocol layers - from raw Ethernet frames to IP/UDP packets. PacketCheck™ makes use of PC's network interface card (NIC) to transmit and receive Ethernet or IP packets over the network.
The application generates multi stream Ethernet/IP/UDP traffic with on-demand bandwidth (up to 800 Mbps) and measures end to end performance such as Bit Error Rate, Total Packets, Packet loss, Out of Sequence Packets, and Erred Packets. Additional features include transmission of pre-recorded file traffic, GTP traffic simulation, Bursty and Fixed IFG (Inter Frame Gap) traffic generation mode, Delay measurements, impairment generation, and BER testing capability with provision to generate PRBS patterns or user–defined test patterns.
It also includes a Command Line Interface (CLI) to support all the GUI functionalities of PacketCheck™ through simple commands, allowing easy scripting and automation of the testing. Also included is a powerful Report Generation feature to view report in XML and PDF formats.
PacketCheck™ can operate on any of the layers - Layer 1 (Physical), Layer 2 (Data Link), Stacked VLAN (Q-in-Q), Layer 2.5 (Stacked MPLS), Layer 3 (Network), and Layer 4 (Transport) of the OSI reference model.
- Determine the maximum IP bandwidth consumption, throughput, errors rates in a LAN / WAN
- Determine Round Trip Delay (RTD) between two IP address or two Ethernet MAC addresses with microsecond accuracy
- Determine One Way Delay (OWD) between two NIC cards with microseconds accuracy
- Testing LAN Data Switch for dropped packets, errors, overload, and so on
- Detection of traffic overload
- Testing network behavior with real world traffic like IPTV, VoIP and more
- Test CAT 6 / CAT 5 cables for efficiency
- Capability to test Ethernet or IP traffic of up to 800 Mbps bandwidth.
- Generates full duplex IP, UDP, or Ethernet frame traffic to transmit and/or receive traffic on any of the four layers (Layer1, Data Link with stacked VLAN/ MPLS, Network, Transport) with on-demand bandwidth
- Multi-stream traffic generation for each stream including different frame size, bandwidth, MAC, MPLS, IP and UDP parameters, payload, and mode of operation (Tx only /Rx only /TxRx only) etc.
- Customizable VLAN stacks up to 3 levels with headers such as VLAN Type, ID, and Priority
- Customizable stacked MPLS layers up to 3 levels with headers such as Label, CoS, TTL
- Customizable protocol headers like MAC Source/Destination address, Length/Type field, IP Source/destination address, and UDP Source/Destination Port.
- Bit-error-rate testing (BERT) on layer 1, layer 2, layer 2.5, layer 3, and layer 4 with various measurements - Bit Error Rate, Sync Loss Count, Bit Error Count, and more
- PRBS Pattern Generation/Verification of various patterns like QRSS 26-1, 29-1, 211-1, 215-1, 220-1, 223-1
- User Defined test patterns – up to 24 bytes length
- Simulate real-world traffic (such as IPTV, RTP,…) by transmitting packets using pre-captured GL proprietary HDL files
- Simulate real-world Mobile GTP traffic by using PacketCheck™ along with MAPS™ (requires additional licensing)
- Capability to generate various run-time impairments – Insert/Delete Bytes, and Byte Level Impairments (AND, OR, XOR).
- Capability to generate/respond to ARP requests, making it easy to work with Routers
- Jumbo frames are supported, in addition to all normal frame sizes from 64 bytes to 1518 bytes
- Full flexibility to control and monitor per stream traffic duration
- Capability to generate common and stream specific statistics providing traffic monitor on the NIC.
- Monitor performance per stream statistics – throughput, time duration for the traffic sent/received, Round Trip Delay (RTD), One Way Delay (OWD), total packets, packet loss, out of sequence frames, error frames, correct pattern frames, pattern sync status, bit error rate, sync loss count, error count etc.
- Command Line Interface (CLI) allowing remote execution of commands for all functionalities through GL's proprietary WCS (Windows Client Server) architecture.
- Report Generation in both XML/ PDF formats for the completed test or periodic report for the test.