edgeConnector Siemens connects Siemens SIMATIC S7-300/400, and S7-1200/1500 controller and provides access to data via an OPC UA server interface. As a docker container, it offers flexible deployment options, for example on devices running Azure IoT Edge or AWS IoT Greengrass.
The application is easy to configure locally via a built-in Web interface. It can also be managed remotely via its REST API. Configuration is flexible and includes fine-tuned security settings (e.g. role based access rights for OPC UA client applications).
As a first strategic extension of Softing’s dataFEED product family into virtualization- and container technology, the new product leverages Softing deep experience with brownfield connectivity and OPC UA technology, and makes it available for new and highly efficient IoT solution architectures.
Access Siemens PLC Data from OPC UA Applications
Easy Cloud-driven or Local Deployment
- Access to SIMATIC S7-300/400/1200/1500 data
- Support of optimized data blocks in SIMATIC S7-1200/1500 controllers
- Namespace configuration by importing SIMATIC STEP7 or TIA Portal project files or by direct browsing the variables in S7-1200/1500 controllers
- Standardized OPC UA communication for data integration into management systems like ERP, MES or SCADA or for data exchange with other docker containers like Microsoft OPC Publisher or Amazon AWS IoT SiteWise
- Connection of up to 20 Siemens PLCs with one Container Runtime
- Dedicated for retrofit upgrades of existing Siemens controllers
Lightweight Flexible Container Solution
- Container images stored in different online repositories like Docker Hub, Azure Container Registry (ACR) or Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR)
- Licensing via Softing Floating License Server (Windows Application)
- Less resources plus increased scalability and flexibility
- Support of security standards as SSL/TLS, X.509 certificates, authentication and data encryption
- Highly flexible application to be deployed, adjusted or started and stopped immediately, if needed