The DH 5000 (TS-5 series) stainless steel droplet separator is a vane type separator for horizontal flow which provides a high efficient protection of the downstream equipment against damage by liquid carry-over. Customized to various applications, the DH 5000 series is the first choice in excellent performance of droplet separation under harsh operating conditions.
The requirements of specific applications are achieved by means of different profile spacing and the use of eliminator profiles with up to four deflection points. As a result of this configuration, inertial forces act on the droplets. The droplets impinge onto the profiles where they form a liquid film which is subsequently drained off as a result of gravity. Specially shaped separating chambers ensure that the liquid is drained off in the correct manner, while at the same time enhancing the separation of very fine droplets.
- Gas scrubbers
- Desulphurization units
- Gas coolers
- Exhaust air treatment plants
- Chemical plants
- Natural gas processing plants
- Aerodynamically engineered - Profiles divide the gas flow into streams, which pass easily through the mist eliminator. Inertia forces liquid droplets to impact the profile wall, where they collect, agglomerate and drain in protected areas of low gas velocity called "quiescent zones".
- Cross flow drainage- Collected liquid drains at 90º to the gas flow, to minimize reentrainment and allow higher operating velocities.
- Versatility - The DH 5000 mist eliminator is available in a variety of onfigurations to meet the specialized needs of various applications.
- Low drag coefficients- The DH 5000 functions with greater overall efficiency at higher velocities, without excessive pressure drop.
- Easy upgrade - Replaces many original equipments of mist eliminators easily.
- Low maintenance - Modules are easy to clean, even during system operation.
The standard material for Munters’ DH 5000 high- mist eliminator vanes is stainless steel DIN 1.4571 (316L).
- Special materials (e.g. nickel, Monel, etc.) are available upon request. Housings and vessels can be made of stainless and carbon steel as well as various alloys.
- Aerodynamically engineered
- Cross flow drainage
- Low drag coefficients
- Easy upgrade
- Low maintenance
- Special materials upon request