The ALDRUM G3 sets new standards for sludge thickening with an enhanced design that achieves greatly improved process performance at minimum operating cost.
A revolution in sludge thickening
The ALDRUM G3 is a new member of the well-proven range of Alfa Laval mechanical sludge thickeners. With the ALDRUM G3 the solids load capacity has been increased by 30% within the same footprint as the standard ALDRUM. The new feed zone provides extraordinary gentle treatment of the sludge, resulting in reduced polymer consumption and ensuring exceptionally high recovery rates for most types of sludge.
Some particularly difficult sludge types, which previously required liquid polymer to flocculate and thicken, can now be treated using a combination of the ALDRUM G3 and cheaper powder polymer, thus reducing operating costs. A new conveyor design ensures the most effective distribution and flow of the sludge in the drum, resulting in improved separation efficiency even without the standard tilting mechanism.
Intermittent cleaning using the integrated Cleaning In Place system ensures low water consumption using either potable water, final effluent or treated filtrate.
Performance made simple
- Greater capacity from the same footprint
- Excellent process performance
- Low polymer consumption, ensuring low operating costs
- Simple, easy operation and maintenance
- Outdoor installation, if required
- Enclosed design for a clean, odourless working environment
- Easier cleaning and maintenance, as a result of self-cleaning design
- Greater safety due to cover switch and slam-proof cover
- Selection of control panels and auxiliary equipment available to meet virtually any specific processing requirement