Mosaic is a modular safety controller for protecting machines and personnel. Mosaic is capable of monitoring several safety sensors and commands, such as safety light curtains, non-contact switches, photocells, mechanical switches, zero-speed monitoring, safety mats, emergency stops, two-hand controls. Mosaic master M1 module with 8 inputs, 2 digital outputs and 2 pairs OSSD outputs can run stand alone or can be expanded. A single M1 module can control several remote expansion modules. The Mosaic Safety Designer Software MSD with timing, counting, logical and memory operators, communications and muting options is provided at no extra cost with every Mosaic master unit.
Max configuration: 128 inputs, 16 OSSD pairs, 16 feedback restart e/o interlock inputs and 32 status outputs.
Note: Mosaic M1 unit does not come with a MSC connector. That item must be purchased separately.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS INCLUDE
Food, Robotics, Packaging, Plastics, Material Handling, Paper, Assembly, Printing, Textile and Compactors.
Due to the unique capabilities of this product, it is suitable almost anywhere that safety and flexibility are needed.
- Safety circuit implementation can be decentralized with Bus Expansion modules
- Bus length can be extended up to 250 meters
- 12 LED diagnostic display
- Power, Run, Fail, Comm, Status
- I/O LEDs
- USB programming port
- Memory card slot for configuration backup/transfer
- Multiple I/O expansion module options including Safety Relay Contacts
- Multiple fieldbus network modules
- Achieves the highest level of safety
- Approved for SIL 3 - SILCL 3
- Reduces and simplifies safety circuit design
- Easy configuration with simple graphic programming
- Designs tamper-proof safety systems
- Easy maintenance with MCM memory card for program copy/transfer
- Simple expansion with additional modules
- 7 popular networking options available
- General Specifications:
- 35mm DIN mount
- 22.5mm wide modules
- Environmental protection IP20
- Ambient operating temperature -10 to 55°C
- Up to 128 PNP inputs, 16 OSSD pairs, 16 restart/interlock outputs and 32 status outputs
- Operating voltage 24VDC +/- 20%
- Power Dissipation 3 Watts
- Approved for Cat4/PLe