The Call Capture and Analysis (CCA) application is used to capture calls directly from the T1, E1, and 2-Wire lines.
The application uses GL's T1 E1 Analyzer Hardware Units to interface non-intrusively with T1 or E1 lines.
The Call Capture & Analysis (CCA) application is used to initiate recording of calls, either automatically or manually on both East and West directions simultaneously. The auto scanning provides traffic and signaling based triggers. Signaling triggers supports call capture based on ISDN, SS7, CAS (R1, wink start, MFC-R2) messages. The traffic activated triggers supports call capture based on voice, fax, modem, tones, & any traffic with specified power level.
Subsequently, play back the captured calls using a third party audio editing software tools (Adobe Audition/Goldwave) and analyze in time and spectral modes.
When used in conjunction with Voice Band Analyzer and Call Data Records, the captured signaling and voice can be used to trouble-shoot customer complaints of voice call quality, voiceband data, fax quality, and tones and dual tone transmission issues.
Automatic call capturing can be triggered from both directions (east and west) of transmission.
The call capture application supports following types of triggers for auto capturing of call
- Signaling based triggers - CAS -R1, wink start, MFC-R2
- ISDN and SS7 message based triggers
- Traffic activated triggers
- Voice based on a minimum power level
- Tones of specified frequency - Ring back tone, Dial tone, Busy tone, and DTMF digits
- Fax traffic - V.32 / V.17, V.27, V.29,
- Modem traffic - V.22 forward/reverse channel, V.34 & V.90 uplink, Binary V.90 downlink, FSK
- Any type of signal based on any power level
- Supported codecs data rates are - a-law, µ-law, 16-bit PCM (Intel), 16-bit PCM (Motorola), MS Wave, G.726 (40 Kbps, 32 Kbps, 24 Kbps, and 16 Kbps), and 14-bit 16 KHz G.722 (64 kbps)
Subsequently, captured calls can be played back and analyzed in time and spectral modes using a commercial sound card, built-in high fidelity speakers, and audio viewing software (Adobe Audition, Goldwave). Also Call Management Utility and Goldwave software are available as a part of CCA application.
Frequency, power of east and west directions cannot be shown in real time in CCA application. We can only capture the files. The application also indicates the channels on which a recording is taking place and the files names to which data is being stored. Scanning mode is possible wherein all 24 or 30 channels are scanned for call initiation and recording. A message area provides status of the capture process. Other features include,