The Protocol Identifier application can identify various protocols carried on T1 or E1 lines. It is capable of detecting protocols such as ISDN, ATM, HDLC, MTP2, LAPD, SS7, PPP, GSM, GSM Abis, TRAU and Frame Relay. The timeslots and the subchannels within timeslots are also identified. Once identified, detailed analysis can be carried out by individual Protocol Analyzers. This application is helpful in identifying traffic types at a concentrated point, DSX patch panel, or multiplexed facility.
- Snapshot: Obtain a real-time snapshot of protocol traffic on T1E1 lines.
- Surveillance : Identify protocol traffic on all the timeslots/sub channels simultaneously on multiple T1E1 lines.
- Maintenance: Helps technicians to quickly identify the content of any T1 or E1.
- Troubleshooting: Signaling (SS7, ISDN,…) can be detected on any T1/E1 timeslots; this helps technicians to quickly identify the timeslot of signaling links for further protocol analysis
- Capable of identifying and classifying traffic over T1E1 based on HDLC, ATM, and TRAU protocols.
- Classification of HDLC based protocols such as ISDN, SS7, PPP, Frame Relay, and GSM.
- Graphical view displays the timeslots and subchannels of the identified protocols.
- Statistical view displays the different protocols with the details of port, timeslots and subchannel.
- Stream Statistics view shows the count of total number of timeslots, sub-channels, and hyper-channels used by each protocol.
- Provides an option to log the protocol detected with device and channel information into a text file.
- Supports filtering to display the unique selected protocol.
- Supports custom configuration of the colors to easily distinguish protocols.
- Provides options to select or deselect HDLC, TRAU, and ATM protocols in Capture Options for detecting respective protocols