The E1406A is a VXI from Agilent.
- 1-Slot, C-size, message-based commander
- GPIB, RS-232, Slot 0, and Resource Manager
- Up to 2 MB RAM
- MXIbus protocol support for high throughput
- Agilent VIC, VXI Installation Consultant-fast/easy set-up
- Easy to program as message-based instruments
The Agilent E1406A can act as a VMEbus system controller and GPIB (IEEE-488)-to-VXIbus interface device for transparently communicating with any manufacturers message-based VXI modules. The Agilent E1406A Command Module has FLASH memory for downloadable drivers, so you can program Agilent register-based devices using the high-level SCPI programming language. It also translates SCPI commands for register-based instruments and therefore, makes these VXI devices as easy to program as message-based instruments. This command module also includes a MXIbus Resource Manager for VXIbus extensions. This allows you to maintain high-throughput performance in multiple mainframe systems. With its flexible triggering and clock interfacing, you can synchronize the VXI backplane 10 MHz clock to an external TTL signal.