Automakers are looking for new ways to increase fuel efficiency and reduce engine sizes, and the ATS19651 helps them accomplish both goals. Featuring an industry-leading 3mm air gap that’s up to 20% larger than comparable solutions, the ATS19651 crankshaft speed and direction sensor IC provides a solution that’s ideal for hybrid vehicle engines, with use cases extending to two-wheelers, off-road vehicles, and application designs requiring extended air gap performance. The ATS19651 improves design-in flexibility, expands design margin and tolerance capability, and facilitates a wider range of sensor installation locations. This helps reduce system complexity, size, weight, cost, and energy consumption—boosting
With the same electrical requirements, package size and sensing orientation as predecessor devices, the ATS19651 is a drop-in replacement for existing Hall-effect sensors, simplifying design reuse. Back-biased GMR technology provides up to 40% improvement in edge repeatability, and lower amounts of jitter compared to Hall-effect sensors improves timing accuracy for increased fuel efficiency. It includes a programmable pulse location between the center or edge of the target feature, along with EEPROM-programmable performance optimizations and production traceability. Target Profile Diagnostics™ allow extended OEM value by assuring target integrity prior to final vehicle assembly.
The ATS19651 was developed in accordance with ISO 26262 as a safety element out of context targeting ASIL B capability (pending assessment) for use in automotive safety-related systems when integrated and used in the manner prescribed in the applicable safety manual and datasheet.
The ATS19651 is available in a 3-pin package (SM) that is lead (Pb) free, with NiPdAu plating.
• ASIL B safety design process with integrated diagnostics (pending assessment)
• Integrated back-biasing magnetic circuit
• Digital speed and direction output provides ferromagnetic target position information
• Enhanced algorithm for low jitter, high output accuracy performance, and vibration tolerance
• Center of package switching alignment option
• Programmable pulse location between center of target feature or edge of target feature
• EEPROM programmable performance optimizations and production traceability.
• Allegro Target Profile Diagnostics™
|Allegro MicroSystems Inc.|
|Product Category||Speed Sensors|
|Product Name||GMR Speed and Direction Crankshaft Sensor With Three-Wire, Pulse-Width Output|