• Made from Corning UV Grade Fused Silica Glass (Corning HPFS), Wavelength range: 200-2200nm
• High precision: λ/10 Irregularities and 10/5 S/D surface qualities
• Ideal for UV-NIR wavelengths and durable under high temperature
• Standardized focal lengths and diameters convenient for OEM
• Coating options: uncoated,V-coating, or Broadband Anti-reflection(BBAR
• Applications: detectors, imaging systems, lasers, fiber lasers, etc.
Plano-Convex (PCX) Lens is an optical element with a positive focal length and a flat-spherical surface profile. The lenses are designed for the purpose of light focusing, collection, and collimating. Compared to Biconvex lenses, Plano-convex lenses have two unidentical sides and therefore work best for infinite conjugate ratios (objective distance:image distance). However, plano convex lenses still reduce spherical aberrations to a quite low extent when the absolute conjugate ratio is greater than 5:1. For conjugate ratio below 5:1, consider using plano convex lenses in pair or biconvex lens.
UV Fused Silica is the amorphous form of Silicon Dioxide. The material features superior transmission in the UV region and could be utilized for wavelengths ranging from Ultraviolet (UV) to Near-infrared (NIR) spectrum. Other than UV transmission, UV grade fused silica glass also excels in terms of low thermal expansion, high optical homogeneities, and the absence of fluorescence under UV radiation. Compared with NBK7, the material is more reliable for high-temperature environments.
Hangzhou Shalom EO offers stocked and custom Plano Convex Lenses made from Corning High Purity UV Fused Silica Glass (Corning HPFS Glass), or JGS1 with excellent mechanical, and chemical rigidness(The lenses in the stock list are made from Corning 7980-0F, 7980-1D). These lenses could be applied for wavelengths ranging from 200-2200nm, and are high precision lenses with irregularities of λ/10, and surface qualities of 10/5 S/D. The UV Fused Silica plano convex lenses are exquisite for various incorporations into detectors, imaging instruments, lasers, fiber lasers, etc. The focal lengths of the stocked UV Fused Silica plano-convex lenses range from 20-1000mm, while other focal lengths could be customized. Each piece of lens will undergo strict inspection in Shalom EO’s in-house labs before dispatch, to assure tight tolerance and secure your interest.
To further enhance the transmission of the UVFS plano-convex lens, Broadband Anti-reflection (BBAR) coatings could be furnished to accommodate the requirements for multi-wavelength and tunable lasers. V coatings, which are a special form of AR coatings that deliver an ultra-low reflection at a narrow band of designed wavelengths are available, too. These coated lenses are in particular advantageous for elevating the efficiencies of complex optical instruments. Besides, Uncoated UV Fused Silica plano convex lenses are also accessible in Shalom EO.
• 1.To minimize spherical aberration, engineers from Shalom EO suggest that collimated light beams should be projected to the curved side of the lens for diverging.
• 2. Simplified Calculation of Focal Length of a Plano Convex Lens: focal length = R/(n-1), where R is the radius of curvature and n is the refractive index.
|Hangzhou Shalom Electro-optics Technology Co., Ltd.|
|Product Category||Optical Lenses|
|Product Name||Corning7980-0F Dia12.7mm EFL50mm Plano Convex Lens 700-1100nm Coating|
|Center Thickness||3 mm (0.1181 inch)|
|Surface Quality||10-5 Scratch / Dig|
|Lens Application||Infrared; Ultraviolet|
|Materials||Corning 7980 0F|