• Wavelength range: 350-2200nm, Diameters: 0.5mm to 300mm
• Ideal for various applications in the visible to NIR region
• Coating options: uncoated, V-coating or broadband anti-reflection coating (BBAR)
• Focal Lengths: Standard 20-1000mm, or custom
• Standardized focal lengths and diameters convenient for OEM
• Applications: detectors, imaging systems, lasers, fiber lasers, etc.
Plano-convex (PCX) lens is an optical lens with one plane face and one convex face, and a positive focal length, utilized for collecting, focusing parallel light beams, or collimating lights from a point source. N-BK7 glass is a RoHS compliant borosilicate material prevalent for uses in the visible and NIR spectrum (in particular when it comes to manufacturing precision visible components). NBK7 features high optical homogeneities, great resistance to scratches and injuring, and low inclusion content, it is an ideal substitute for UV Fused Silica when high UV transmission is not required, and a preferred alternative for CaF2 at the 1.65-2.3 micro operating wavelength region in the concern of lower manufacturing costs. Compared to Biconvex lenses, Plano-convex lenses have two unidentical sides and therefore work best for an infinite conjugate ratio (objective distance: image distance). However, plano-convex lenses still reduce spherical aberrations to a quite low extent when the absolute conjugate ratio is greater than 5:1. For conjugate ratio below 5:1, consider using plano-convex lenses in pairs or a biconvex lens.
Hangzhou Shalom EO offers Stocked and Custom NBK7 Plano-convex Lenses with a diameter range of 0.5-300mm, that are competent for various incorporation into emitters, detectors, and imaging instruments, lasers, fiber optics, etc. The focal lengths of the stocked N-BK7 plano-convex lens range from 20-1000mm, while other focal lengths could be customized. These lenses feature lambda/4 irregularities and 40/20 scratch/dig. Each piece of the lens will undergo strict inspection in Shalom EO’s in-house labs before dispatch, to assure tight tolerance and secure your interest.
Note that the transmission range of NBK7 is 350-2200mm, with an absorption dip positioned at approximately 2.8 mirco. To further enhance the transmission of the NBK7 plano convex lens, Broadband Anti-reflection (BBAR) coatings could be furnished to accommodate the requirements for multi-wavelength and tunable lasers. V coatings, which are a special form of AR coatings that deliver an ultra-low reflection at a narrow band of designed wavelengths are available, too. These coating lenses are in particular advantageous for elevating the efficiencies of complex optical instruments. Besides, Uncoated NBK7 plano-convex lenses are also accessible in Shalom EO.
• 1. To minimize spherical aberration, engineers from Shalom EO suggest that collimated light beams should be projected to the curved side of the lens for focusing.
• 2. Simplified Calculation of Focal Length of a Plano Convex Lens: focal length = R/(n-1), where R is the radius of curvature and n is the refractive index.
|Hangzhou Shalom Electro-optics Technology Co., Ltd.|
|Product Category||Optical Lenses|
|Product Name||Dia25.4mm EFL125mm N-BK7 Plano Convex Lens with 400-700nm AR Coating|
|Center Thickness||3.2 mm (0.1260 inch)|
|Surface Quality||40-20 Scratch / Dig|
|Materials||BK7 Glass; N-BK7|