Tantalum capacitors are general-type capacitors that perform electric charging and discharging, and remove noise. They are widely used in electronic equipment.
Tantalum capacitors are divided into manganese dioxide type and conductive polymer type, depending on the type of cathode electrolyte. Manganese dioxide–type products range from small to large in size and low to high in capacitance. Polymer type products have low ESR. Tantalum capacitors are designed as chip-type products to ensure that they can be surface-mounted. They are eco-friendly products.
- Do not use RoHS-regulated materials
- Available as thin-film, small-size, and large-capacitance products
- Applicable for small and thin electronic equipment
- Applicable for automated mounting equipment
- No capacitance drop by DC-Bias
- No capacitance drop by Temperature
- No Acoustic Noise
- Mobile & Portable Device
- Home Appliance & Digital Equipment etc
- Used for diverse purposes, such as decoupling, bypass, smoothing, and backup in various electronic devices
Polymer tantalum capacitors that are large in capacitance, small in size, and low in ESR
Process Technology using Fine Powder
Technology of Applying Fine Tantalum Powder
Package Design for higher Volume Efficiency
Product Structure That Has High Volumetric Efficiency
Process Technology forming Cathodes
Uniform Coating, Low Contact Resistance between Materials
Provides small-sized and large-capacitance products based on a processing technology of using differential.
- When the grain size gets smaller, the surface area will get wider, making it possible to develop small-sized and large-capacitance products.
* Surface area ∝ (1/grain size)
Key technologies for applying differential
- Well-controlled powder mixing, pressing and sintering
- Polymerization inside fine pore
Provides small-sized and large-capacitance products based on the structures of products that have higher volumetric efficiency
- When volumetric efficiency gets higher, more working space can be secured inside a chip, making it possible to develop small-sized and large-capacitance products.
* High volumetric efficiency = (pellet volume / chip volume )×100
High volumetric efficiency
Provides small-sized and large-capacitance products based on the processing technology of forming cathode layers in small pores in a dense and uniform manner
Internal cathode layers
- Polymer layers are formed in small pores in a dense and uniform manner.
Provides low-ESR products based on the processing technology of decreasing the interfacial resistance between dissimilar materials
External cathode layers
- Uniform cathode layers
- Reduces contact resistance by realizing dense carbon layers