Safety Certified capacitors comply with international UL and TÜV specifications to offer designers the option of using a surface mount ceramic multilayer capacitor to replace leaded film types. Offering the benefits of simple pick-and-place assembly, reduced board space required and lower profile, they are also available in a FlexiCap™ version to reduce the risk of mechanical cracking.
Knowles’s high voltage capacitor expertise means the range offers among the highest range available of capacitance values in certain case sizes. Applications include: modems, AC-DC power supplies and where lightning strike or other voltage transients represent a threat to electronic equipment.
- Surface mount multilayer ceramic capacitors
- Meet Class Y2/X1, X1 and X2 requirements
- Approved for mains ac voltages, up to 250Vac
- Approved by UL and TÜV
- Sizes 1808, 1812, 2211, 2215 and 2220
- Smaller sizes suitable for use in equipment certified to EN60950
- Certification specifications for larger sizes include IEC/EN6038414, UL/CSA60950 and UL60384-14
- Surface mount package
- Reduces board area and height restrictions
- Reduced assembly costs over conventional through hole components
- FlexiCap™ option available on all sizes