The US National Defense Authorization Bill H.R 1540 now passed the house and the senate. The bill requires our nation's Defense and infrastructure to sustain an EMP attack both natural and man-made. The threats that the bill mainly focuses on are the following
- EMP weapons: These weapons on a large scale could have a catastrophic effect such as damaging the power systems, electronics and information systems that make up our nation's infrastructure. On a smaller directional scale, the weapons can damage surveillance systems, industrial production lines and automotive electronics.
- Solar storms: Geomagnetic storms could damage large transformers hence resulting in a black-out for almost a year. They also have a devastating effect on the electronics that are crucial for the infrastructure of our country.
Equipto's new R6 shielded enclosure line offers the highest level of protection to your electronics both from Electromagnetic Pulse and Electromagnetic Radiation effects. The R6's cost-effective design is compact and mobile while providing Shielding Effectiveness comparable to an anechoic chamber.
The following are some of the applications where R6 is currently being used
- Department of State: R6 offers US embassies protection against espionage and possible Directed EMP weapons.
- Telemetry: Used in harsh environments such as the Atacama Desert, the R6 provides protection against Electromagnetic fields generated by large telescopes.
- Nuclear Research Labs: R6 does not use Beryllium in any of the gaskets and hence is safe to use in nuclear facilities or test laboratories.
- Gas Turbine Plants: Flexible design of the R6 allows incorporation of complicated cooling and cable routing requirements, while providing protection against Electromagnetic Interference.
R6 is also tested and certified by an independent testing lab to the most stringent Military and Commercial standards.
- Department of Defense, NSA 94-106 (complete test report available upon request)
- Commercial, IEEE-299-2006 (Results summary below, report available upon request)
- Cabinet custom sized to your requirements
- Choice of front, rear or front and rear doors, panels or combination
- Four-point door lock system is easily operated
- Line filters/wave guides to meet your needs
- Field replaceable door gasketing
- Proprietary honeycomb air filter in choice of .5", .625" and 1" depths
- Fiber wave guide(s) as needed
- Adjustable mounting rails inside (punched, threaded or square hole)
- Choice of Equipto Electronics' standard supports or Unistrut
- Wide selection of accessories
- Custom cooling to meet your needs
- RoHS compliant