UL Listed NEMA Certified Type 3R, 4X
(See "View/Download Supplier's Datasheet" for detailed specifications.)
1. The complete enclosure is made from0.125" thick aluminum alloy type 5052-H32 to provide a strong and rigid construction. Alernative material is 14 gauge type 304 stainless steel.(Specifier must choose the material to be used.)
2. Each enclosure is equipped with bracket provisions for rigid mounting of an optional EIA 19" rack frame assembly for mounting components.
3. The door frame opening is double flanged on all four (4) sides. These flanges increase the strength of the door openings and help prevent dust and liquids from dropping into the enclosure when the doors are opened.
4. All exterior seams are ground smooth or sealed weathertight with silicone sealant.
5. Enclosures have provisions for mounting a forced air fan system that can be thermostatically controlled. Air is exhausted through a screened vent system in the enclosure top (3R only).
B. DOOR (Front-hinge on left, rear-hinge on right)
1. Equipped with a three-point latching mechanism with nylon rollers at the top and bottom.
2. Door handle is 0.75" stainless steel round bar and has provisions for a padlock.
3. The standard main door lock is Corbin #1548-1 or equal (3R only).
4. A louvered air vent with reuseable metal filter and retaining brackets is provided (3R only).
5. The main door is sealed with closed-cell neoprene gasket.
6. The continuous door hinge is 0.075" thick stainless steel with a 0.25" stainless hinge pin.
1. Natural aluminum enclosures are mill finish per federal specification QQA-250/8.
2. Painted enclosures are treated with a iron phosphate coat and dried by radiant heat. The standard finish coat is baked polyester powder.
FOR NEMA TYPE 4X RATING:
DELETE: all vents and main door lock (Corbin #1548-1), and switch compartment asssembly.
ADD: all through holes are sealed.