Eliminates the Need for Expensive, Hard To Find Brakeless Brake Motors Ideal for Hazardous Duty Applications Utilizing Air Motors
Coupler brakes offer the advantage of placing the brake between the motor and gear reducer eliminating the need for a special expensive, hard to get motor with motor mounting flange and extended shaft. Use a commonly available C Face motor. The Posistop Coupler Brake works well in this arrangement because the brake is as reliable as the motor, and never needs adjustment.
The Posistop X Class Coupler brakes are often used for hazardous duty applications coupled up with air motors. Applications include hazardous locations in grain, sugar, marine, and oil and gas wells.
The Posistop® X Class Oil Shear Coupler Brakes are designed and tested to operate over 20 million trouble free cycles with only occasional oil changes and no adjustment - ever! This is a true dynamic stopping brake, not just a holding brake.
This unheard of life expectancy allows the Posistop® X Class Motor and Coupler Brakes to be used on applications previously thought impossible to do using a brake.
- Spring set - Air/Hydraulic Release
- Torque 4 to 300 Lb. Ft.
- Up to 10 times longer service life
- Designed for dynamic stopping
- Packaged, fully assembled and tested
- Simplified double C-face motor mounting
- Horizontal or vertical mounting
- Totally enclosed, sealed housing
- Oil Shear Technology
- No Maintenance* – No Adjustment – Ever!
- Clamped-Split-Quill reduces keyway problems
- Multiple friction discs - high thermal dissipation and low inertia
- Hard-coat epoxy finish highly resistant to rust and chipping.
- Clamped Split Quill - 360º shaft connection
- Wash down and marine duty available