The flexibility of the Series 880 Coiled Spring Pin makes it the
ideal hinge pin for PC board card lock and ejector mechanisms.
The Coiled Pin simplifies the design and manufacturing
processes. The quality of the hinge is unsurpassed by any other
fastening method due to the low insertion force and compression
of the pin during and after installation. The pin's uniform radial
spring force results in a controlled hinge movement that remains
consistent throughout the life of the assembly.
The Coiled Pin offers a wide range of benefits over other types of components used as hinge pins.
- Unlike any other pin, the Coiled Pin absorbs forces to preserve joint integrity and prevent cracked hinges throughout the life of the assembly.
- The Coiled Pin conforms to the widest hole tolerance of any press-ft pin in the industry, and does not damage the plastic to retain itself.
- No secondary operations are required for retention. Simply insert the pin into the hole.
- The Coiled Pins are manufactured from 302/304 stainless steel so they will not rust in the assembly.
Conducive for Manual or Automatic Installation
- Regardless of how the pin is installed, the pin installs easily with low insertion forces. Orientation is not required.