The Advancap™ rod and piston seals are designed to provide a cost-effective cap seal solution that prevents extrusion and eliminates O-ring spiral failure in dynamic applications. Each seal combines a cap made from Avalon®, our PTFE material, with an elastomeric energizer, and is available in configurations for zero, one or two back-up ring glands per AS4716. Custom configurations are also available.
The Advancap can replace low-friction, O-ring swivel seals that leak, nibble and/or exhibit excessive friction.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Avalon cap interfaces with the dynamic surface resulting in lower friction and elimination of spiral failure, which leads to better system performance
- Specially designed Avalon cap cradles O-ring, protecting it from extrusion when under pressure
- Designed for AS4716 gland and utilizes standard O-rings resulting in overall cost savings
- Flight controls (e.g., ailerons, spoilers, airbrakes, etc.)
- Utility and positioning actuators in landing gear systems