The Viking Universal Mag Drive Pump (UMD) combines many of the benefits of the Universal Seal Series, but in a sealless design. This eliminates the hazards and mess caused by packing or mechanical seal failure, making this an ideal solution for:
- Hazardous liquids such as casutics or acids
- Flamable liquids such as fuels or alcohols
- Liquids which are difficult to seal such as resins or isocyanates used in polyurethane foam production
- Strong aromatics such as perfumes or mercaptum
- Expensive liquids such as heat transfer liquid or those used in pharmaceutical production
- Applications where seal failure is absolutely unacceptable such as pipeline sampling
- Pump locations which a leaking pump may cause a safety concern (near walkways or overhead)
The Viking Universal Mag Drive Series is foot-to-foot interchangeable with existing Viking Universal Seal and Heavy-Duty pumps (including those with non-standard ports), eliminating the need to repipe. They also match flow and horsepower requirements with their Universal Seal counterparts.
Unlike other Mag Drive pumps, the UMD is bi-rotational, will tolerate short term run dry, and features an industry-leading 3 year warranty.
Viking Pump introduced the first commercially available Magnetically Coupled gear pump over 2 decades ago, and has built on that tradition with the widest offering of Mag Drive gear pumps available today including the Universal Mag Drive, the Composite Mag Drive, the original Viking Mag Drive®, and the high pressure Spur Gear Mag Drives.