The Retrofit Kit is a grinder pump retrofit kit designed for residential grinder pump systems. It is retrofitable with all Environment One installed grinder pump stations. It installs easily, and includes all piping and electrical connections.
Built with a centrifugal grinder pump featuring heavy duty design with a silicon carbide hard faced mechanical seal, the Retrofit Kit can easily process the material found in wastewater and has a long life expectancy. The Retrofit Kit replaces the entire core of the failed grinder pump station and allows for maximum strength using a centrifugal pump.
The Retrofit Kit provides the local installer / service provider the ability to source the core unit from their Goulds Water Technology distributor directly.
Product FAQ can be found at this link
Features and Benefits
- Drop In: Retrofitable with installed Environment One stations that have failed pump units aka “cores”.
- Direct connection to existing station piping connection.
- Direct connection to existing station wiring harness.
- No Additional Junction Box Required: All electrical conditions internally wired at factory.
- Power and Alarm Cable: Electrical connection plug installed at factory.
- Piping: Stainless Steel piping
- Check / Anti Siphon valve built in
- Floats for on/off and alarm built in and pre wired
- Capable of grinding domestic sewage in individual residential applications.
- Cutter System: Anti-roping design. Two blade rotary cutter is threaded to shaft.
- Stationary cutter ring is reversible for extended service.
- Impeller: Silicon bronze, semi-open, two-vane design with pump-out vanes for mechanical seal protection. Balanced for smooth operation.
- Casing: Cast iron, volute type for high efficiency.
- Motor: Fully submerged in oil-filled chamber. High grade turbine oil surrounds motor for more efficient heat dissipation, permanent lubrication of bearings and mechanical seal, and protection against outside environment.
- Motor Shaft: 300 series stainless steel, short overhang for minimum shaft deflection.
- Designed for Continuous Operation.
- Bearings: Upper and lower ball bearings for precision positioning of parts and to carry all radial and thrust loads.
- Mechanical Seal: Hard faced Silicon Carbide for longer life, stainless steel metal parts, BUNA-N elastomers.