The Armstrong Double Duty® series steam trap/pump combinations are a low maintenance, low-profile solution for draining heat exchangers in various applications. The Double Duty® series offers you the versatility of combining a pump within a steam trap to aide in condensate drainage from a heat exchanger under all operating conditions (100% turndown).
- Economical. non-electric operation
- Low-maintenance operation. No leaking seals, impeller or motor problems. No NPSH issues.
- Space-saving size. Low-profile body fits in tight spaces while allowing minimal fill head.
- Lower installation costs. Single trade installation.
- Peace of mind. Intrinsically safe.
- Ductile iron durability. Rugged construction material means long service life.
- Efficiency. A closed loop means no motive or flash steam is lost. All valuable Btu’s are captured and returned to the system.
- Safety. The trap/pump can be used in pits or sumps without fear of electrocution or circuit breaker defaults.
- Low-pressure heating systems
- Process heat exchanger or coils with modulating steam control
- Systems under vacuum
- Hazardous (explosion-proof) areas
- Flash tanks