The stages in the PIglide are equipped with a servo drive linear motor with preloaded air bearings and integrated linear encoder. The combination of these noncontact components results in a frictionless motion platform that offers the highest performance, quality, and lifetime.
A high-force linear motor can drive the stage to top speed within a few milliseconds. The preloaded air bearing construction supports mounting in any orientation.
PIglide positioning systems are ideally suited for many high-precision applications such as metrology, photonics, and precision scanning in semiconductor or flat panel display manufacturing.
Thanks to the friction-free motion, no particles are formed, which makes PIglide stages ideal for cleanroom applications.
Accessories and options
- PIglide filter and air preparation kits
- Multi-axis motion controller and direct drives
- XY setups and individual configurations
- Cable track variations
- Counterbalance options for vertical assembly
- Base plates made of granite and systems for reducing vibration