The UCS2112 is a dual USB port power switch configuration which can provide 3.0A continuous current (3.4A maximum) per VBUS port. The UCS2112 is well suited for both stand-alone and applications having SMBus/I2C communications.
For applications with SMBus, the UCS2112 provides per-port current monitoring and eight programmable current limits per switch, ranging from 0.53A to 3.0A continuous current (3.4A maximum). Per-port charge rationing is also provided ranging from 3.8 mAh to 246.3 Ah.
In Stand-alone mode, the UCS2112 provides eight current limits for both switches, ranging from 0.53A + 0.53A to 3A + 3A total continuous current.
Both power switches include an independent VBUS discharge function and constant current mode current limiting for BC1.2 applications.
Please consider this device UCS2113
- Dual-Port Power Switches:
- 3.0A continuous current per VBUS port with 40 mΩ On resistance per switch
- Independent port power switch enable pins
- Dual fault ALERT# active drain output pins
- Constant Current or Trip mode current limiting behaviors
- Undervoltage, overvoltage lockout, back-drive, back-voltage protection
- Auto-recovery fault handling with low test current
- BOOST# logic output to increase DC-DC converter output under large load conditions
- A_DET# open-drain outputs for device attach detection per port
- SMBus 2.0/I2C™ Mode Features:
- Eight programmable current limits assignable to each power switch
- Other SMBus addresses available upon request
- Block read and block write
- 4x4 mm 20-pin QFN
- Self-contained current monitoring (no external sense resistor required)
- Fully programmable per-port charge rationing and behaviors
- Per-port BC1.2 VBUS Discharge Function
- -40°C to +105°C
- UL recognized and EN/IEC 60950-1 (CB) Certified