The MIC94161/2/3/4/5 is a family of high-side load switches designed to operate from 1.7V to 5.5V input voltage. The load switch pass element is an internal 14.5mΩ RDSON N-Channel MOSFET which enables the device to support up to 3A of continuous current. Additionally, the load switch supports 1.5V logic level control and shutdown features in a tiny 1.5mm × 1mm 6-ball WLCSP package.
The MIC9416x provides reverse current protection when the device is disabled. The device will not allow the flow of current from the output to the input when the device is turned OFF. Additionally, the MIC94161 features overvoltage protection to protect the load when the input voltage is above 4.55V, as well as a precise enable threshold which keeps the MIC94161 in the default OFF state until the EN pin rises above 1.15V.
The MIC94161/2/3/4/5 operating voltage range makes them ideal for Lithium-ion and NiMH/NiCad/Alkaline battery-powered systems, as well as non-battery-powered applications. The devices provide low quiescent current and low shutdown current to maximize battery life.
- 1.5mm × 1mm 6-ball WLCSP package
- 14.5mΩ R DSON
- 1.7V to 5.5V input voltage range
- 3A continuous operating current
- Reverse current flow blocking (no “body diode”)
- Internal level shift for CMOS/TTL control logic
- Ultra-low quiescent current
- Micropower shutdown current
- Soft-start: MIC94161/4/5 (2.7ms)
- Load discharge circuit: MIC94162/4
- Ultra-fast turn-off time
- Junction operating temperature from −40°C to +125°C