Using our advanced metal bellows technology, the PRIME MOVER™ actuator is a unique linear actuator that provides superior reliability and maintenance-free performance.
- Provides hermetic, zero leakage actuation
- Operates in harsh environments
- Operates at extreme temperatures
- Actuates across a pressure boundary
This type of actuator is popular with semiconductor and vacuum equipment manufacturers due to its superior reliability, contamination free operation, compact design and maintenance free operation. These units can be driven either hydraulically or pneumatically.
What makes the PRIME MOVER™ unique is that it uses a welded metal bellows as the force generating mechanism instead of a piston. A welded metal bellows is essentially a hermetic spring. If you apply a pressure differential across the bellows, the bellows will compress or extend depending on the direction of the pressure. If pressure is applied external to the metal bellows, the bellows will compress, extending the actuator. If the pressure is removed, the bellows spring force will retract the actuator. Double actuating versions are also available.
- All metal wetted surfaces
- Hermetic actuation seal
- Virtually zero friction
- 1 million minimum cycles
- Ultra-clean actuation, meets ISO-14644-1 Class 1
- Actuation forces up to 100 lbs.
- Accurate and repeatable positioning
- Superior reliability and performance
- Compatible with normal, exotic or corrosive fluids
- Operates at temperature extremes from cryogenic to +450°C
- Contamination free actuation
- Facilitates system level integration
- Compact design Completely maintenance free – long life without service