The XC4e PWM digital drive is Aerotech’s highest performance single-axis motor drive for motion control applications. All versions are compatible with the Automation 3200 motion platform utilizing the HyperWire® motion bus.
The XC4e PWM amplifiers control brushless DC, brush DC, voice coil, or stepper motor types at up to 320 VDC operating voltage and 30 A peak current capability. The current loop and servo-loop are closed digitally to assure the highest level of positioning accuracy and rate stability. This allows loop closure rates of up to 20 kHz and allows digital and analog I/O processing, data collection, process control, and encoder multiplication tasks in real time.
Standard features for the XC4e include safe torque off (STO), a data array consisting of over 16 million 32-bit elements, digital and analog I/O (see table), one-axis Position Synchronized Output (PSO), dedicated home and end-of-travel limit inputs, and an enhanced current sense device. Encoder support includes square-wave, sine-wave, and absolute encoders.
The standard XC4e accepts square-wave encoder feedback at rates of up to 40 million counts-per-second. Sine-wave encoders can be multiplied by up to 65,536, producing Aerotech’s highest-resolution position feedback, with the optional encoder multiplier feature. Dual-multiplied encoder feedback is supported.
Each single-axis XC4e PWM digital drive can be ordered with the MX2 high-performance single encoder multiplier or the MX3 high-performance dual-loop encoder multiplier, enabling higher levels of position and velocity control.
Also available are a wide variety of extensions of the base PSO functionality. Track up to three encoders in real time with three-axis PSO or extend PSO’s functionality to kinematic arrangements through the use of Aerotech’s Part-Speed PSO feature.
Each drive has an optional I/O expansion board to greatly increase the number of I/O points. This I/O board includes a dedicated PSO output and a PSO synchronization input, often used to synchronize process control with an external mode-locked frequency input.
- HyperWire® fiber-optic interface
- Up to 30 A peak output current
- Integral power supply
- Drive brush, brushless, voice coil, or stepper motors
- Safe torque off (STO) safety circuit
- Drive array consisting of more than 16 million 32-bit elements
- Optional two-axis or three-axis Position Synchronized Output (PSO)
- Optional two-axis or three-axis Part-Speed PSO
- Optional I/O expansion board
- Optional 65K encoder multiplier for amplified sine wave encoders up to 2 MHz
- High resolution digital current, velocity, and position loops
- NRTL safety certification and CE approval; follows the 2011/65/EU RoHS 2 Directive