The DASH 8HF-HS is a recorder from AstroMed. Recorders and Printers allow engineers to collect and display data in different formats.
- 8 channels of isolated inputs
- Capture continuously to 250 GByte hard drive at 2 MHz sample rate per channel
- 200 kHz bandwidth per channel
- Removable, lockable system and data capture drives (compatible with AstroDock accessory)
- GBit Ethernet, USB 2.0 for exporting data to your PC
- Link ports for synchronizing data capture between systems
- Pre- and post- capture filtering
- Compact, portable design
- Type: Active matrix color LCD (TFT)
- Viewing Area: 15.0 inch (38.1cm) (diagonal)
- Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Touch: Full screen, resistive
- Maximum Waveforms: 8
- Event inputs: 8
- User Engineering Units: Yes
- Calibration: Semi-automated to external reference
- Pre-and Post-Capture Filter: Advanced low pass, high pass, band pass and bandstop filtering
Isolated Input Module
- Connector: Guarded banana jack
- Bandwidth: 200 kHz 4 pole Bessel
- Maximum Rated Input: ± 250 Vrms or DC
- Maximum Transient Input: ± 800 V
- Isolation: 250 Vrms, channel to channel, channel to chassis
- Specified Ranges: 100 mVFS to 800 VFS (0 V offset for 800 VFS range)
- Attenuator Ranges: 1, 10, 50, 200 and 400 V
- Accuracy: (25°C) ± 0.07% of attenuator
- Intrinsic Noise (pk-pk): <0.2% of attenuator
- Minimum Input Impedance: 1 Megohm
- Frequency Counter: Yes, on channels 1 & 5
- Frequency Accuracy: ± 0.005% of measurement
- Operational Modes: Scope, Review, Real-time (strip-chart)
- Recording Method: Internal ATA disk drive, removable
- Maximum Sample Rate: 2,000,000 samples/second per channel
- Minimum Sample Rate: 100 samples/second per channel
- Total Capacity: Over 100 billion samples
- Maximum Record: Up to the drive capacity (250 GByte)
- Data Stored: Raw (unfiltered) data is saved to the drive
- Time Stamp: Time and Date automatically saved with data
- Header: Information on units, range, sample rates, etc., saved with data
- Data Filtering: Post capture filtering changes can be made
- Events: Stored with data
- Trigger Point: Amount of pre- and post-trigger data is user adjustable (0-100%)
- Auto Re-Arm: Automatic stacking of captures
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000BaseT
- VGA: For displaying data on external monitor
- Link Ports: For synchronizing data capture for multiple systems
- USB 2.0: For connecting external hard drives, Flash Drives, etc.
- Input Voltage Range: 100 to 250 VAC
- Frequency Range: 47 Hz to 63 Hz
- Power Factor: 0.99
- Enclosure: Aluminum, with armored endcaps
- Dimensions: 12.1” H x 16.0” W x 6.6” D (30.8 cm x 40.64 cm x 16.84 cm) (not including handle)
- Weight: 22.5 lbs. (10.21 kg)
- Operating Temperature: 5 to 40°C (40 to 105°F)
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% non condensing
- Safety: EN 61010-1:2001, UL 61010A-1, CSA C22.2 No. 1010.1-92
- EM: C FCC Part 15, Subpart B, Class A, EN 61326
- Power Harmonics: IEC1000-3-2
The Dash 8HF-HS is a powerful, compact and portable data acquisition recorder engineered specifically for capturing high frequency data and transient signals. It provides isolated inputs with sample rates up to 2 MHz and a bandwidth of 200 KHz per channel. The Dash 8HF-HS is the ideal system to give you an accurate record of your high speed data.
High-Speed Data Acquisition
The Dash 8HF-HS offers intelligent, versatile data capture. Eight isolated analog inputs and eight event inputs can be streamed directly to a removable 250 GByte hard drive. Sample rates can be varied from 2 MHz per channel to 100 Hz per channel. You can even capture trend data at slower sample rates while embedding higher sample rate scope capture at the same time!
A wide variety of voltages can be measured by the Dash 8HF-HS. From 100 mVFS to 800 VFS (0 V offset for 800 VFS range), the Dash 8HF-HS accommodates most of the popular recording parameters. Channel-to-channel isolation means you will never have to worry about cross-talk and signal interference again. Each channel input can be independently configured.
The AstroDock is a two-drive docking station that accepts the removable hard drives from any Dash HF-HS (high security) series recorder. The AstroDock connects to your PC via USB 2.0 and provides immediate review capability as well as direct transfer of data capture files to your computer.
Simply remove the 250 GByte capture drive from your Dash 8HF-HS recorder, plug it into the AstroDock and begin reviewing the data on your PC……all in seconds. Insert a new capture drive in your Dash HF-HS recorder and continue to record data while you review and archive on your PC. Working with large data files has never been this fast and easy.
Large 15” Touch-Screen Display
The Dash 8HF-HS has a large 15” color display which allows you to view your data in real-time and post capture. Operation of the Dash 8HF-HS is quick and easy with the intuitive touch-screen display. Familiar Windows® icons and menus provide for straightforward setup and operation. There are no switches, push-buttons or other controls—complete operation is from the touch-screen. And, you can easily customize it to fit your exact needs. This means less setup time and more time for gathering data.
In today’s environment, it is essential that your test equipment talk to your PC. The Dash 8HF-HS’s GBit Ethernet port, USB interface, and off-line software make it easier than ever to do this. From setting the system up through your PC to uploading captured data from the hard drive, the Dash 8HF-HS seamlessly integrates with your computer. Best of all, the Dash 8HF-HS comes standard with PC-based review software, making it easier than ever to review data.
Rugged Enough For Any Environment
Test equipment is only useful if it will survive your most harsh environments. With its rugged case and compact design, the Dash 8HF-HS can handle almost any condition you give it. Whether you need to gather data in a steel mill, vehicle, power plant or in the comfort of your own office, the Dash 8HF-HS is the data acquisition recorder for the job.
Optional Strip Chart Recorder
An optional strip chart recorder is available for real-time or post-capture strip chart output. It provides hard copy output wherever and whenever you need it. Take it to the field for on-location printing of vital data, or leave it at the lab to print out certain parts of your test when you return.
Secure Your Data
Each Dash 8HF-HS recorder includes removable system and data capture drives—perfect for streamlining data transfer or securing classified data. Use the AstroDock to review and transfer large data files from the removable drives to your PC quickly and efficiently.