The Model VX2824B is a completely integrated 8 channel data recording VXI module. Each channel includes a bridge signal conditioner, a low pass filter, a 16-bit 2.5M Samples/sec/ch. ADC, and 16M Samples of DRAM storage per channel. DRAM may be divided into 2, 4 or 8 segments for multiple event recording.
Built-in channel conditioning is suitable for strain gauge bridge-type transducers and for voltage signals. Constant voltage excitation is independently programmable for each channel. Special function signal conditioning requirements may be accommodated with SIPS™ (Smart Interface Panel System) product families and controlled by the VX2824B onboard processor.
Input full-scale sensitivity is programmable from ±10mV to ±5V in 3dB steps. A 16-bit ADC provides high accuracy, a high dynamic range and resolutions from 340nV to 170µV per count. Offset correction range is ±2.5V with 16-bit resolution. A dedicated signal processor provides superb digital filtering. Filter Fco auto-tracks the sample rate, plus custom filter download capabilities. Dedicated hardware may generate a trigger from the analog signal being digitized on Channel #1 using either level and slope, or window criteria. Trigger Holdoff may be invoked to reject threshold crossings of short duration. Holdoff may improve triggering reliability under noisy signal conditions.
The VX2824B auto bridge balance function may be initiated by computer command. A complete end-to-end calibration of each channel, including the transducer, may be performed by a computer calibration routine. You may use either switched or external calibration resistors (with SIPS™) or the unique internal shunt emulation circuit. The shunt emulation technique provides a fast, multi-point calibration check without operator intervention.
- 8 Channels Per Module
- Each Channel Includes Signal Conditioning, Filter, ADC and Memory
- 16-Bit Resolution
- High Dynamic Range
- Up to 2.5M Samples/s/ch.
- Simultaneous Sampling
- Dual Ported Memory Access
- 1k Snapshot Data FIFO for Each Channel
- 1MHz Bandwidth
- Buffered Analog Output for Each Channel
- Overload Detection for Each Channel
- Excellent Ch.-to-Ch. Phase Match
- Computer Controlled Calibration
- 16M Samples Storage per Channel
- Multi-Event Recording
- Digital Signal Processors
- Digital Filters, Flat Passband, Sharp Cutoff
- Internal and External Triggering
- Pre- and Post-Trigger Recording
- Gated Mode
- Dual Clock Rate Data Recording
- Constant Voltage Excitation
- SIPS™ Communication Port
- Fully Programmable
- Memory Battery Backup Capability
- Single Width, C-size, VXI Module
- Simple Multi-Chassis Phase Clock & Triggering
- Permits Multiple Chassis Expansion/Operation
- ECL Clock & Trigger Capabilities