- Industrial design with -30 to 70°C operating temperature and fiber optic Ethernet port
- 2 Ethernet ports for cascade and port redundancy
- SD card slot for local storage capability
- Modbus/TCP supported for easy communication with SCADA software
- Video stream up to 120 frames/sec at 4CIF (704 x 480) resolution
- Free VPort SDK PLUS provides CGI Commands, ActiveX Control, and an API library for system integrators and third-party software developers
The VPort 354 is a high performance, 4-channel industrial video encoder that provides up to 4CIF full frame rate performance (NTSC: 704 x 480 @ 30 FPS; PAL: 704 x 576 @ 25 FPS) for each channel, and supports a dual MJPEG/MPEG4 algorithm, making it especially well- suited for use with distributed surveillance systems in critical industrial applications. In addition to the rugged-design features, the Modbus/TCP and serial-to-Ethernet connectivity make the VPort 354 more suitable for industrial applications. The two built-in Ethernet ports can be cascaded as a daisy-chain or used for port redundancy, making network communication more safe and reliable. To prevent video loss when the network is down, the VPort 354 can automatically record video on an SD card, and once the network is back up, the recorded video can be downloaded via FTP access.