- Industrial design with -40 to 75°C operating temperature and fiber optic Ethernet port
- Video stream up to 120 frames/sec at CIF (352 x 240) resolution
- Modbus/TCP supported for easy communication with SCADA software
- One RS-232/422/485 COM port for controlling external serial devices over Ethernet
- Free VPort SDK PLUS provides CGI Commands, ActiveX Control, and an API library for system integrators and third-party software developers
The rugged VPort 254 is a 4-channel industrial video encoder that provides up to 120 FPS at CIF resolution (NTSC: 352 x 240; PAL: 352 x 288), and supports an optional MJPEG/MPEG4 algorithm, making it especially well suited for use with distributed surveillance systems in critical industrial applications. In addition, the VPort 254 supports serial-to-Ethernet and Modbus/TCP communications for integrating automation systems, and 2-way audio is provided to allow real-time communication between system administrators located at a central site and engineers in the field.