The SCM9B-3000/4000 series are complete computer-to-analog output interfaces. They are designed to be mounted remotely from a host computer and communicate, in ASCII, with standard RS-232 and RS-485 serial ports. Simple ASCII commands are used to control a 12-bit DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) which is scaled to provide commonly used current and voltage ranges. An 8-bit CMOS microprocessor provides an intelligent interface between the host and the DAC. The 3000/4000 are compatible with the 1000/2000 input modules and may be mixed in any order.
The modules are easy to use. You do not need engineering experience in complicated data acquisition hardware. This modular approach to data acquisition is extremely flexible, easy to use and cost effective. The modules can be mixed and matched to fit the application. They can be placed remote from the host and from each other. You can string up to 124 modules on one set of wires.
Although software is not required, utility software (SCM9B-S1000) is available on IBM-compatible diskette to make the 3000/4000 easier to learn and use. S1000 software is provided at no charge on request with a purchase order and is not copy protected.
PROGRAMMABLE FEATURES (4000 Series)
- Provides intelligent features not found in the 3000 Series
- Fully Programmable Output Slopes: 0.01V/s (mA/s) to 10,000V/s (mA/s)
- Programmable Data Scaling to any Desired Units
- True Analog Readback of Output Signal
- Programmable Starting Value
- Programmable Watchdog Timer Provides Orderly Shutdown in the Event of Host Failure