- Four asynchronous EIA/TIA-422B (EIA-485) serial ports
- FIFO buffers (16, 64, or 128-byte)
- Interrupt support
- Programmable baud rate (up to 512Kbps)
These modules provide an asynchronous serial communication interface for your system. They have four asynchronous, full-duplex EIA/TIA-422B serial ports. Since the transceivers are compatible with the EIA-485 standard, you can also use a full-duplex RS-485 interface for multiple driver support. However, for true half-duplex EIA-485 operation, use the IP502.
Software-configuration quickly sets the baud rate, character-size, stop bits, and parity.
For more efficient data processing, each serial port is equipped with 16, 64 or 28-character FIFO buffers on the transmit and receive lines.
- Failsafe receivers guarantee a high output state when the inputs are left open or oating.
- Internal diagnostics help detect faults.
- FIFO bu ers minimize CPU interaction for improved system performance.
- Four asynchronous, full-duplex EIA/TIA-422B serial ports (full-duplex EIA-485 )
- 16, 64, or 128-byte FIFO buffers
- Programmable baud rate (up to 512Kbps) (Consult factory for custom rates up to 1Mbps)
- Individually controlled interrupts (unique vectors for each port)
- Handshake control signals (RTS, CTS) for each channel
- Extended temperature option (-40 to 85°C)
- Industry-standard 16C550 family UART includes software-compatible 16C450 mode
- 0 to 70°C (IP501-16/64/128) or -40 to 85°C (IP501-16E/128E/4861-xE/5024-xE)