The AXM-75 is a multi-function I/O module that adds A/D, D/A, and digital I/O signal processing functions to an FPGA board. These extension I/O modules plug directly onto many Acromag reconfigurable FPGA cards equipped with an AXM mezzanine connector.
There are sixteen differential analog input channels on the AXM-A75. Each input has its own high-speed 16-bit A/D converter offering the ability to simultaneously sample all channels.
At the beginning of the analog signal chain is a low-pass filter to remove any unwanted EMI. A programmable gain instrumentation amplifier scales the input and provides giga-ohm input impedance. Serial FLASH memory is included to store factory calibration constants.
Two quad serial input DAC devices drive eight analog output channels. Each channel has its own high-speed 16-bit D/A converter allowing simultaneous updates to all outputs.
Sixteen bi-directional digital I/O channels provide the ability to monitor and control discrete devices. Each I/O channel is individually configurable as an input or output for great flexibility to match your requirements
• Operating temperature: -40 to 85°C
- 16 channels of analog input capable of simultaneous sampling
- 16-bit 250kHz A/D converter on each channel
- Analog input range of ±10.24 volts
- Programmable gain of 1x, 2x, 4x, or 8x
- 8 channels of analog output capable of simultaneous updates
- Each A/D channel includes a 2K sample FIFO
- FIFO status interrupts configurable for half-full or overflow conditions
- Dual quad 16-bit serial input D/A converters with 10μS settling time
- Analog output range of ±10 volts
- 16 channels of general-purpose digital I/O
- Front panel 68-pin VHDCI receptacle for field I/O connections
- Example VHDL code provided in the base board’s Engineering Design Kit to control sample rate and gain selection