- 40 low-side switch output channels
- 0-60V DC output range
- High output current (up to 1A per channel)
The IP405 controls up to 40 low-side switches (open-drain MOSFETs).
Operation of this module is very simple. Writing a “0” bit to a channel data register opens the switch to turn off a field device. Similarly, writing a “1” bit closes the switch to turn on the device. Each register can be read back to verify the value. Loopback monitoring of critical control signals is easily accomplished by reading back output states using Acromag’s IP400 Digital Input Module.
To ensure safe, reliable control under all conditions, the output operation is “fail-safe.” That is, outputs are always off on power-up and are automatically cleared following a system software reset.
- Latched buffers enable the user to read back the output channel registers for verification purposes.
- Loopback monitoring (with IP400) enables self-test and diagnostics to detect system faults.
- Low drain-to-source ON resistance ensures TTL logic-low compatibility at high currents and reduces power dissipation.
- Individual channels sink up to 1A DC continuous. No deration of output current required at high ambient temperatures.