- 24 differential digital input and/or output channels
- Ruggedized RS-422A/485 transceivers
- Interrupt support on all channels (change-of-state and high or low level
The IP409 provides 24 differential I/O channels with interrupts. Each channel is programmable as an input or an output on a bit basis, in any combination. All channels can generate change-of-state (COS), low, or high level transition interrupts.
Each channel uses a robust EIA RS-485/422A transceiver that supports bi-directional data transfer in one direction at a time (half-duplex). Differential data transmission enables reliable, high speed communication across distances of up to 4000 feet, even through noisy environments. Differential transmission nullifies the effects of ground shifts and noise signals which appear as common-mode voltages on the line.
- All channels programmable as inputs or outputs.
- Differential data transmission is ideal for high-speed, long distance communication in noisy environments.