ASME B31.8 is the most widely used Code for the design, operation, maintenance, and repair of natural gas distribution and transmission pipelines. This course explains the present-day piping Code provisions, the principal intentions of the Code, and how the Code should be used. The emphasis is on transmission pipelines. Each participant will receive a copy of the most recent edition of the ASME Code book, B31.8 Gas Transmission and Distribution.
You Will Learn To
- Explain the causes and modes of pipeline failure
- Describe the considerations for material specifications, pipe manufacturing, and pipe joining
- Estimate pipeline stresses from external loadings
- Explain how to evaluate pipeline defects
- Identify pipeline repair techniques
- Identify the elements of pipeline integrity
- Explain how code requirements address these issues
- Explain the differences between B31.8 and US DOT gas pipeline regulations
Who Should Attend
Engineers; Code compliance personnel; Operation and Maintenance Personnel; Regulatory Personnel
For venue information, please click HERE.