This self-study course is designed to be taken at your convenience, and on your own schedule. You have 90 days to finish the course from the time of purchase.
This course provides a detailed overview of the contents of the 2010 ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section XI, Division 1 and its 2011 Addenda. It covers the organization and the requirements Section XI to help you understand how to use it.
The course introduces the inservice inspection requirements for Class 1, 2 and 3 components, metal containments and liners, supports and concrete containments.
You will learn to:
- Identify who is required to use this Code
- Explain inservice inspection requirements for Class 1, 2, and 3 systems, components, supports, steel and concrete containment vessels
- Describe requirements for qualification of nondestructive examination personnel and performance of nondestructive examination
- Explain basic requirements for flaw evaluation and acceptance
- Recognize Section XI requirements for repair, replacement, modification, maintenance activities, and pressure testing
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: General Requirements
Module 3: Class 1 Components
Module 4: Class 2 Components
Module 5: Class 3 Components
Module 6: Metal Containments & Containment Liners
Module 7: Component Supports
Module 8: Concrete Containments
Who should attend
This course is designed for utility operating personnel responsible for inservice inspection, nondestructive examination, evaluation, repair, replacement, and modification of nuclear power plants, and for personnel responsible for assessment or third-party inspection, regulation or enforcement.